Multifocal Glasses vs. Contacts (Online video)
NCLE 1 Credit (Technical / Level 2)
Florida 0 Credits
Multifocal glasses or contact lenses? Which would you choose for yourself or
the patients you work with every day. Learn the advantages and benefits of each modality as well as
the shortcomings of each.
At the conclusion of this course, the attendees will be able to:
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of Bifocal /Multifocal glasses; the attendees will be able to identify the advantages and disadvantages of Bifocal /Multifocal GP contact lenses; the attendess will be able to explain what Presbyopia is and its physiological effects;
- identify a good GP bifocal/multifocal candidate and a poor GP bifocal/multifocal candidate;
- identify and explain the characteristics of a good GP aspheric multifocal fit;
- explain the design differences in multifocal contact lenses, and the design differences in multifocal glasses;
- explain how proper visual acuity is tested and adjusted in bifocal/multifocal GP contact lens designs as well as glasses designs.