Thank you for your interest in the National Academy of Opticianry. We’d like you to know that our primary Mission is to “provide quality education and training to ALL opticians”.
Our Academy members support our Mission through an annual dues investment of $75.00. They make it possible for us to develop and distribute education and training to members and non-members alike! So, to show our appreciation to our members, we provide that same quality education and training to members at steeply discounted “members-only” pricing!
(remember, you’ll need a current NAO member ID number to avail yourself of these NAO benefits)
Here are some examples of the money that our members save:
- Publications including National Certification Exam Preparation materials at a 45% savings
- Classroom, home study, and online Continuing Education Courses at a 35% savings
- Educational seminars with a total of 80 continuing education hours each year at a 60% savings
In addition to providing quality education and training to all opticians, we offer “members-only” services and benefits
- NAO’s affordable study materials at Members-Only Pricing:
- Spectacle and Contact Lens basic certification and licensing exam prep
- Advanced certification exam prep
- ABO, NCLE and Florida approved online and home study continuing education courses
- The Ophthalmic Career Progression Program (OCPP), an Apprenticeship training program approved by 10 state boards
- Free Continuing Education hours are yours throughout the year in NAO’s quarterly online news magazine, “Vision of the Industry”.
- News feeds via Facebook and Twitter; mobile availability to the NAO website via our QR code.
- Lockton Affinity provides affordable liability insurance coverage for NAO members only.
- Free subscriptions to20/20 Magazine – a $199 value annually.
- Office Depot, Office Max and Staples save NAO members up to 80% off preferred products you use in your home or office every day.
- Free nation-wide Job Bankhelps you find the perfect match with like-thinking professionals.
- NAO and OptiSource… Our partnership gives members great discounts on optical supplies .
- Displays of Credibility and Professionalism Employers and patients look for knowledge, professionalism and credibility. NAO’s membership certificate on the wall delivers.
- Classroom CE Seminars in Florida and California present the newest information from our profession’s finest at member pricing.
Truly, NAO Membership doesn’t cost… it pays!