Optical Formulas Tutorial
Authors: Ellen D. Stoner and
This 220-page paperback is perfect for anyone having trouble with optical math and those preparing for the basic opticianry exams.
Written by opticianry school program directors, it contains optical formulas, definitions, and walk-through problems with practical examples throughout.
This book covers topics you might search through many volumes to find:
* sine, cosine and tangent;
* hand neutralization;
* power in oblique meridians;
* slab-off, resultant prism and resolving prism;
* sagittal depth and lens thickness;
* crossed cylinders;
* transmission through absorptive lenses;
* polarized filters, diffraction.
* math review;
* basic theory of light;
* surfacing and finishing;
* advanced lens formulas, and
* image formation.
Appendices include a basic glossary and 1995 ANSI trigonmetric tables. Recommended by ABO as reference for the Advanced Certification exam.