ABO Beginners’ Teaching Tool: NAO Exam Review DVD Set (#DVD)
Author and Instructor: Ed Wnuczek, ABOC, FNAO
This 2 Disc set is also packaged with the Ophthalmic Glossary. The content of the discs are from Ed Wnuczek’s ABO test review class which boasts over a 90% success rate.
Among the topics covered are:
characteristics and properties of lenses;
commonly used optical systems;
anatomy and physiology of the eye;
eye conditions the optician should know;
legal aspects of opticianry, and
interpreting test questions and study suggestions.
* How to properly interpret the test questions and study suggestions.
* Lenses: light, dispersion value, index of refraction, ultraviolet, scientific theories of light, characteristics of lenses, tints, A. R. coatings, properties of lenses, how to calculate vertex distance, spheres, cylinders, transportation, optical cross exercises, power of cylinder, off axis, meridian.
* Notation, the reading RX, proper ways to take a P. D. segment measurement and positioning, box measurement and key points, the datum system and key points, minimum blank size, prism, Prentice Rule (case histories).
* Phoria and Tropia, convergence, slab-off, how, why and the math, base curves, lens hardening systems.
* The new standards revisions, and
* Commonly used optical symbols.
* Basic anatomy, muscles of the eye, * Sclera, Conjunctivitiva, Schlemm, Crystalline Lens, Iris, Macula, Pupil, Optic Nerve, and
* Refractive Power of the Eye, Astigmatism, Myopia, Hyperopia, Cataract, Glaucoma, Strabismus, Amblyopia.
* Responsibilities of the Optician, duty to warn, common areas for litigation, warranties and waivers, how to avoid litigation, hiring an attorney.
* Frames: plastic, metal, rimless, safety, sport Frames, hypo-allergenity, weight, color, glazing tips, cost, construction characteristics.
* A Discussion of proper management of the safety glass purchase.
* Metric System: history, meter, centimeter, millimeter, inch, conversion tables, focal length of a lens, and
* Advice and suggestions for successful dispensing and management of your patient.