Thank you for your interest in the National Academy of Opticianry. We’d like you to know that our primary Mission is to “provide quality education and training to ALL opticians”.
Our Academy members support our Mission through their annual dues investment of $75.00. They make it possible for us to develop and distribute education and training to members and non-members alike! So, in order to show our appreciation to our members, we provide that same quality education and training to members at steeply discounted “members-only” pricing!
(remember, you’ll need a current NAO member ID number in order to avail yourself of these NAO benefits)
Here are some examples of the money that our members save:
- Publications including National Certification Exam Preparation materials at a 45% savings
- Classroom, home study, and online Continuing Education Courses at a 35% savings
- Free Continuing Education Courses in our quarterly online news magazine
- Educational seminars with a total of 80 continuing education hours each year at a 60% savings
- Member Only products for sale
In addition to providing quality education and training to all opticians, we offer “members-only” services and benefits
- Professional financial, technical and legal articles as well as CECs in the Academy’s quarterly print news magazine
- Free CECs in the Academy’s expanded quarterly on-line news magazine
- News feeds via Facebook and Twitter; mobile availability to the NAO website via our QR code
- Availability to Professional Liability Insurance through Lockton Risk Services underwritten by Lloyds of London
- Discounted CEs, Club Vision Lounge privileges (free lunches and breakfasts) and NAO negotiated room rates at Vision Expo West and Vision Expo East
- Special privileges at the National Opticians Conference
- Free subscriptions to 20/20 Magazine – a $260 value annually
- The National Academy of Opticianry has partnered with Office Depot® to bring you a FREE national discount program. Save up to 80% off preferred products! Click here.
- Free nation-wide Job-Bank to post your open positions as well as your resume on NAO’s web site